Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Unit: Corporate Finance
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Summary of work
- The Corporate Finance Manager oversees all activities of the Corporate Finance Unit, provides financial management and support to the company to advance overall financial goals and objectives
- The Corporate Finance Manager works with various executive members of management to develop, interpret and implement financial and modeling concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting to drive business results
- The role will be responsible for providing periodic documentation to investors and managing strategic treasury activities, including cash forecasting, banking partnerships and capital structure management.
Commercial and financial planning:
- Works with senior management and business units to determine strategic goals and identify opportunities to achieve those goals
- Partners with business leaders to provide insight and advice on business issues and to provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the line of business(s)
- Delivers presentations to leadership and senior management teams on financial planning and analysis
- Plans and oversees consolidated budgets and long-term financial plans
- Leads the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Analyzes the impact of external and internal factors on the business and progress towards financial goals
- Develops and leads weekly/monthly/yearly/financial planning processes to establish department-wide enterprise budget
- Establishes accurate forecasting processes that enable the formulation of strategies and directions informed by department leadership.
Management and investor reporting:
- Approves monthly financial review package to management, including comments on variances from plan, forecast and prior year
- Provides high-level “dashboard” quality reporting to executive or management team
- Leads the group’s completion of financial review templates and meetings
- Analyzes and reports on key drivers of business and corporate performance, including monthly and quarterly results and variance analysis
- Analyzes actual results to understand variances, revises projections as needed
- Compiles and presents weekly/monthly/quarterly financial results for company executives, stakeholders and investors.
- Leads ad hoc financial analyzes to help management assess the profitability of revenue streams as well as the potential for cost reductions
- Analyzes projections of various operating strategies, measures of shareholder value and other metrics or goals
- Analyzes financial and operational data, draws conclusions and presents recommendations on decisions and actions
- Performs sensitivity, scenario and what-if analysis, as well as the financial impact of business changes and new business opportunities/acquisitions
- Performs extensive research and analysis performance of the industry.
- Develops models and methods to analyze trends in order to develop short and medium term forecasts
- Leads various investment analyzes for existing and new businesses
- Researches and identifies opportunities for the business taking into account the financial objectives, risks and viability of the company’s investments.
- Oversees a team of analysts who are assigned to business units, including the compilation and analysis of all financial information
- Provides training and opportunity to hone the skills of finance/operations teams as assigned
- Acts as a mentor to key corporate finance personnel, encouraging their professional growth and preparing them for future succession
- Creates a culture of openness, effective challenge and inquiry within the team and the wider company
- Keep the finance department informed of changes in financial legislation and ensure that all financial transactions of the company comply with the law.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, management or finance.
- ACA/ACCA/CFA or other recognized accounting qualification.
- Minimum of five (5) years of corporate finance experience in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
- Experience in specialized functions including valuation, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and business risk assessment.
- Experience with capital expenditures and capital budgeting, capitalization and financing decisions.
- Hands-on approach to managing the business from a financial perspective
- Demonstrable understanding of advanced corporate finance and performance analysis
- Strong budgeting and management skills, including proven project and process management ability
- Excellent understanding of structured finance transactions and extensive experience in financial modeling, development of complex financial models
- Demonstrate strong acquired analytical skills covering a wide range of financial structures and financial business plans
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles as well as a solid understanding of the financial controls and procedures necessary to successfully prevent, detect and resolve errors in the company’s financial records
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, required to convey instructions and sensitive information as well as to draft reports, proposals and recommendations for senior financial management
- Technology savvy with exceptional computer skills, being highly proficient in Ms. Excel, Ms. Office, Ms. Outlook and PowerPoint
- Very effective at managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
- A creative, critical and independent thinker with strong attention to detail and outcome
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly professional and ethical with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- A confident yet personable and communicative person who can form strong and meaningful relationships with others that will inspire trust and confidence in others
- Demonstrated experience as a relationship builder, team player, collaborator, coach and facilitator
- Exceptional problem solving skills, strong negotiation skills and escalating issues in a timely manner
- Ability to remain calm and composed during times of uncertainty and stress
- Contributes to high performing teams – Supervision of staff to follow sound internal control practices
- Acts as a team player – Collaborates and supports colleagues and peers across the organization, while being able to work independently when needed
- Ability to influence a cross-functional team and corporate senior management and stakeholders in a unified direction and with a common vision
- A proven track record in interacting with senior management and the board
- Committed to self-development
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
Click here to apply